About

This is a small world where I put together my ideas into a thought. A thought then written down by the 'sword' of my hands. I'm a believer of God. Hereafter, be my witness, just what have I done, within this blog.

"God, give me the strength to write".

Saturday, January 7, 2012

A 70 year old known hypertensive man presents to the general practitioner complaining of sudden onset of a drooping right eyelid and slurred speech.

Neurological MCQ

Question:
A 70 year old known hypertensive man presents to the general practitioner complaining of sudden onset of a drooping right eyelid and slurred speech. Examination revealed the tongue deviated to the right.A Horner's syndrome on the right was diagnosed. Further examination showed a loss of pain sensation of the left side.The physician also noted a poor visual acuity from both eyes. Which area of the brain is involved in ischaemia? 

a) spinal cord at the level of C2
b) dorsolateral medulla 
c) anterior pons 
d) right side of midbrain 
e) left side of midbrain

0 comments:

Post a Comment