About

This is a small world where I put together my ideas into a thought. A thought then written down by the 'sword' of my hands. I'm a believer of God. Hereafter, be my witness, just what have I done, within this blog.

"God, give me the strength to write".

Thursday, January 12, 2012

A 22 year old male is brought to the emergency department in the afternoon after he collapsed at home

Neurology MCQ

Question:
A 22 year old male is brought to the emergency department in the afternoon after he collapsed at home. His girlfriend reported that he had complained of an 'incredibly severe headache,just like someone gave him a hard blow from behind',since that morning. She also claimed that over the last 24 hours he was becoming more and more confused. On examination he was conscious; his temperature was 37.4 F, and he is disoriented to place and person. Further examination revealed bilateral papilloedema. As part of the work up in establishing a diagnosis, which of the following is the most appropriate next step?
a) ECG
b) visual acuity test
c) CT scan
d) MRI scan
e) Chest XRay

0 comments:

Post a Comment