About

This is a small world where I put together my ideas into a thought. A thought then written down by the 'sword' of my hands. I'm a believer of God. Hereafter, be my witness, just what have I done, within this blog.

"God, give me the strength to write".

Thursday, January 12, 2012

A 57 year old woman is driving home from work one evening and makes a left hand turn

Neurology MCQ

Question:
A 57 year old woman is driving home from work one evening and makes a left hand turn. She is completely unaware of a car approaching from behind on the left and she causes a minor traffic accident. She is brought to an emergency room. Her history is unremarkable, other than a complaint of chronic headaches. On physical exam, she is found to have a defect in her peripheral field of vision, but her central field of vision is fine. What would explain a loss of the field of vision on the periphery, but not a loss of the central vision?
a) pituitary adenoma
b) embolus from the internal carotid artery
c) multiple sclerosis
d) hysteria
e) chronic alcoholism

0 comments:

Post a Comment