About

This is a small world where I put together my ideas into a thought. A thought then written down by the 'sword' of my hands. I'm a believer of God. Hereafter, be my witness, just what have I done, within this blog.

"God, give me the strength to write".

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Muhasabah: Act Like A Doctor

Muhasabah is indeed important. It keeps us going forward and not repeating the same mistake again and again. Thus, for us Muslims, tomorrow will be a whole new day to begin with.

I love how a doctor thinks. They list out the problems, and they plan out the management for the problems. Treating the disease is like solving the puzzle.

Sometime we have to treat ourselves!. Credit

Here is some example;

22/Malay/Female
Gravida 1 Para 0 @ 36 week Period of Amenorrhea

Problems/
(1) High blood pressure in pregnancy
     -140/110 mmHg at antenatal checkup
     -was not on any antihypertensive drug
     -started >20 week POA
     -urine protein 100mg/24 hours

(2) Bronchial asthma
     -no attack in this pregnancy
     -last attack was on March 2011
     -on MDI salbutamol

Plan/
(1) Admit antenatal ward
(2) Trace urine FEME
(3) Observe BP
(4) KIV to continue T. Labetolol if BP persistently high
(5) Trace pre-eclampsia profile
(6) Pre-eclampsia chart

(Note: I'm currently in Oby Gyn posting, so it is convenient for me to give an example based on a case I've seen through out the posting.)

Is a doctor great?. No i don't think so. I admire their way of thinking. they know how to help patient based on their knowledge.

I'm more admire a Muslim who keep to himself at night just before sleep, thinking about the problems in his daily life. A problem can be anything, between themselves and Allah swt or to another human beings.

Thus, list out all the problems, and think how to solve them. If we have a problem of getting up early for Subuh prayer, then the suggested solution is getting to bed as early as possible.

Didn't Allah swt said that everything in this life is within our own scope?. So everything we encounter in our daily life must have a solution. Easy way or hard way, it depends on yourself on how to managed those problems.
لاَ يُكَلّفُ اللَّهُ نَفْسًا إِلاَّ وُسْعَهَا لَهَا مَا كَسَبَتْ وَعَلَيْهَا مَا اكْتَسَبَتْ
"Allah burdens not a person beyond his scope. He gets reward for that (good) which he has earned, and he is punished for that (evil) which he has earned." [Al-Baqarah :286]
So my brother, keep yourself checked every night prior to sleep. What is important is actually how you will manage those sort of problems in a way that Allah swt please. Keep this in your mind and be stronger each and every day!.

0 comments:

Post a Comment