About

This is a small world where I put together my ideas into a thought. A thought then written down by the 'sword' of my hands. I'm a believer of God. Hereafter, be my witness, just what have I done, within this blog.

"God, give me the strength to write".

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Istikharah Prayer







Jabir said, "The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, used to teach us the istikhara, asking for the good in all matters, as he would teach us a sura of the Qur'an. He said, 'When one of you is intending to do something, he should pray two rak'ats outside the obligatory prayer and then say, 'O Allah, I ask You for the best by Your knowledge and I ask You for strength by Your power and I ask You for some of Your immense bounty. You have power and I do not. You know and I do not. You are the Knower of the Unseen worlds. O Allah, if You know that this matter is good for me in my deen and my livelihood and the end of my affair (or he said, 'my affair sooner and later'), then ordain it for me and make it easy for me and then bless me in it. If You know that this matter is bad for me in my deen and my livelihood and the end of my affair (or he said, 'my affair sooner and later'), then avert it from me and avert me from it and ordain something better for me wherever it may lie and make me content with it.' He added, 'Then he should name the thing he wants to do.'" [al-Bukhari]

This hadith is taken from Riyad As-Salihin, by Al-Imam An-Nawawi. It teaches us how to perform istikharah prayer and the dua right after.

We make decision in every daily events, the small or large event, it doesn't matter. What's actually matter is that we pray to Allah so that every decision we make is a right and good decision. As Allah knows what is the best for us, we pray to Allah so that every decision we make will be the best for us.

P/s: The dua was actually Arabic, but i only found this English transliteration. Do open some books related to the Istikharah prayer and look for the Arabic version of this dua. May Allah ease everything you do my brother.

0 comments:

Post a Comment